About L.O.V.E. Our Youth
L.O.V.E. Our Youth is a growing nonprofit organization founded in 2012 and dedicated to provide programs for youth throughout Central Florida. Our mission is to leverage the power of collaboration to uplift and empower youth and their families within our community and our vision is to empower and create a sense of community for youth and their families through the support and collaboration of like-minded volunteers, organizations, and sponsors.
L.O.V.E. Our Youth supports youth through providing mentorship, special events, and workshops that support all areas of a youth’s life. In addition, L.O.V.E. Our Youth collaborates with community organizations, combining resources to generate a greater impact on the lives of our youth.
Training: May 7 and 14 - 1-6 pm
Work Schedule: Starting May 28, 9:00AM - 5:00PM (subject to change)
Location: Ability to float between Apopka and South Orlando area
In this role, the Certified Teacher will be responsible for instructing students and facilitating their learning in an fun educational setting. Their primary role will be to develop and deliver effective lessons based on the curriculum, assess student progress, and provide feedback and guidance to help students achieve their educational goals and prevent learning loss during the school breaks. They will be responsible for creating a positive and inclusive learning environment while collaborating with parents to support student development.
- Develop and deliver engaging and effective lesson plans that integrate Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math (STEAM) concepts, fostering a multidisciplinary learning environment that encourages creativity and critical thinking, using various teaching methods and resources to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Integrate career readiness lessons into the curriculum, guiding students in exploring potential career paths and equipping them with essential skills and knowledge for future success.
- Assess student progress through tests, assignments, and other forms of evaluation. Provide feedback on student performance and maintain accurate records of grades and attendance
- Identify and address individual student needs, including providing extra assistance, accommodations, or differentiated instruction as required.
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents to support student development, discuss student progress, and contribute to school-wide initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Up to date teaching certification
- Experience working with small learning groups
- Demonstrated ability to engage and connect with young individuals while creating a positive and inclusive environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth, their families, and fellow staff members.
- Ability to execute and lead activities that support the overall youth wellbeing
- Ability to establish clear expectations, boundaries, and rules for behavior and redirecting youth towards positive choices when needed
- Ability to foster a welcoming environment that respects and values individual differences
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to effectively work with youth and families to address their needs
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Experience teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, Math , and/or Career Development