About L.O.V.E. Our Youth
L.O.V.E Our Youth is a nonprofit organization founded in 2012 and dedicated to provide programs for youth throughout Central Florida. Our mission is to encourage youth to embrace their self-worth and value life’s lessons in order to maximize their potential. L.O.V.E Our Youth supports youth through providing mentorship, special events, and workshops that support all areas of a youth’s life. In addition, L.O.V.E Our Youth collaborates with community organizations, combining resources to generate a greater impact on the lives of our youth.
Training: February, exact date to come
Work Schedule: Exact information to come
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our organization as a Program Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of programs and activities throughout the year. This would include ensuring contract compliance, coordinating volunteer activity, and planning program activities. The biggest piece of this role is ensuring that we create a safe and engaging environment for young participants, fostering their personal and social development.
- Develop and implement youth programs, activities, and workshops that align with organizational goals and meet the needs and interests of the target audience.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of program logistics, including scheduling, budgeting, and securing necessary resources and equipment.
- Train and supervise program staff and volunteers, ensuring they are equipped to provide high-quality guidance and support to our youth participants.
- Create a safe and inclusive environment for young individuals, establishing and enforcing program rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships to encourage collaboration with community partners, schools, and local organizations to leverage resources and enhance program offerings.
- Promote program awareness and recruit participants, maintaining strong relationships with families, schools, and community stakeholders.
- Identify and address challenges or issues that arise during program implementation and be proactive in anticipating potential problems, finding creative solutions to ensure the program's success.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to youth participants, addressing their individual needs and facilitating their personal growth and development.
- Evaluate program effectiveness through data collection, surveys, and feedback, and make recommendations for improvement and future program development.
- Maintain accurate program records, including participant data, attendance, and program outcomes, and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A two-year degree in a related field or a minimum of three years of work experience in similar organizations, involving the planning and supervision of activities tailored to the needs of youth.
- Minimum of three years directly related experience working in the field of education and/or youth development
- Previous program planning and supervision experience
- Experience working with at risk youth and families from various backgrounds
- Strong understanding of youth development principles, social issues affecting young individuals, and best practices in program implementation.
- Ability to effectively communicate, engage and connect with various populations within the communities we serve. This includes both written and verbally
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work within teams to foster and build positive relationships
- Ability pay high attention to detail
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and effectively problem solve to ensure program success
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Experience with Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, Math, and/or Career Development programs