Kumon is a Math and Reading Program focusing on making children independent and achieving their dreams.
Working Days and Timings: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays - 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (Days and Times are flexible). 15 hours to 20 hours a week.
Students pursuing college studies preferred. Short work commute to our center will be desired. Ideal job for students pursuing a degree in Lone Star College - Montgomery campus. Please visit us at our center or email your resume.
Teaching Assistant / Assistant Teacher:
- Observing and guiding students in the Kumon method
- Grading math and reading assignments,
- Verifying that student homework is complete and giving students their new assignments,
- Preparing class work for the next session,
- Communicating student progress with the Instructor,
- Inputting student scores into the center management program,
- Working with students on oral math facts,
- Listening to and assessing students' oral reading, and
- Administering achievement tests.
- Be the face of the center for parents and students
- A top priority for this position is the ability to multitask. Job requires handling many of the below tasks simultaneously
- Student Check-In and Check-Out - Greet students and parents when they come to class
- Check and verify student classwork and homework
- Student calendar management using Kumon system
- Parent Communication - Answering queries from Parents via phone, email and Remind Messages, Sharing Student Progress reports to parents by emails
- Parent Orientations and Parent Meetings Appointment Management
- Data Entry and data management in the Kumon Center Management System
- Manage Inventory
- Prepare Student classwork and homework prior to their arrival to class
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- High proficiency in Math and English required. Advanced courses in College and High school in these subjects preferred.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Reliable, Punctual, Responsible, Proactive, and Friendly team players
- Willing and enjoy working with children
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bi-Lingual preferred (Fluency in English and Spanish)
- Prior teaching experience preferred