As a Site QC Lead, you will oversee and implement the Quality Control Program to ensure the successful debris removal of public and commercial sites in Maui, Hawaii's Lahaina, and Kula areas. You will lead a team of QC Specialists to ensure that each property is assessed correctly, and debris removal work is conducted safely.
CONTRACT: Contract Hire – Maui Disaster Debris Removal - Phase 2
CONTRACT LENGTH: Approximately 1 year (may flex up or down based on project)
REPORTS TO: QC Manager
As a Site QC Lead, you will oversee and implement the Quality Control Program to ensure the successful debris removal of public and commercial sites in Maui, Hawaii's Lahaina, and Kula areas. You will collaborate with a team of QC Leads, QC Managers, and Project Managers to ensure that each property debris removal work is conducted safely and with accurate documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the quality control for day-to-day debris removal operations.
- Be responsible for up to 6 QC Specialists (direct reports) to ensure all QC processes are met and Leads make time clock punches.
- Work with the other QC Leads to create a team schedule and upload it to time-tracking software. Ensure the QC Manager approves the schedule before publishing it to the team.
- First level of approval for QC Specialists' time off requests.
- Develop and provide training on QC policies, procedures, and regulations for employees.
- Ensure contract compliance by maintaining necessary records and preparing accurate reports.
- Accurately enter data into tablet-based software applications.
- Attend QC and operations meetings.
- Collaborate with other QC Specialists to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
- Support project documentation and reporting, including maintaining project charters, work breakdown structures, and project status reports.
- Ensure adherence to project management methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate effective coordination and communication among project stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and contribute to efficiency initiatives.
- Handle escalated project-related issues and conflicts, working towards resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the responsibilities.
- Possess a valid 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training certificate with an 8-hour refresher training certificate or ability to obtain.
- Ability to work outdoors with variable hours in inclement weather conditions.
- Obtain medical clearance and ability to wear a respirator.
- Hold a valid State driver's License.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Proficient in math skills related to measurements (weight, volume, and distance).
- Experience leading QC teams.
- Technical proficiency with Mobile devices and job-related software and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work up to 12.5 hours daily, six days a week, in harsh field conditions.
- Dependable with regular attendance.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational and time management skills, focusing on meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality of work.
- Preferably have three or more years of experience in the environmental or construction industries.
- Show good judgment and sensitivity in and around worksites.
- Understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English concerning job assignments, procedures, and safety standards.
- Ability to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Focus on overall Quality Control and commitment to working as a team.
- A college-level degree in an associated field is preferred.
- Housing, meals (Meals are provided free of charge at set times and locations), and per diem provided
- Medical insurance
- Travel to and from worksite
Krilla Kaleiwahea participates in E-Verify and maintains a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
$120,000 - $140,000 per year