We are seeking an enthusiastic team player, who is a responsible individual to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in an outpatient behavioral healthcare setting. The ideal candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered in a timely manner. They must be able to be a team player and accomplish goals while still being open to build on their experience.
· Answering telephones and checking faxes at the start of your shift.
· Check emails and faxes frequently throughout the day to ensure that all important information is responded to.
· Updating and filing patient medical records.
· Coding and filling out insurance forms.
· Scheduling appointments.
· Handling correspondence, billing, and collecting co pays and patient balances.
· Ensures all patient demographic and insurance information is complete.
· Completes the registration process on walk-in patients, verifies and / or updates patient demographic and insurance information if changes or additions have occurred.
· Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and administering injections.
· Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures.
· General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and
· to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
· Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
· Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
· Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
· Provider provider with printed out daily report sheets that include tasks completed, tasks pending, any patient that will be in office for their visit.
· Print out all referrals and upload into patients chart, as well as file the hard copy.
· Keep hard copy records of all patients requesting disability paperwork or any paperwork associated with their care.
· Maintains inventories of office supplies needed.
$16 - $20 per hour