The Server is responsible for always providing prompt and friendly F&B service to our guests by following the brands’ standards. This role will set the stage for the guest’s experience and will drive first-hand. This individual is expected to have all knowledge regarding our menu, beverage, and wine offerings. The server must be energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and passionate about hospitality, food, and beverage.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you're there to take care of them personally.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and enter orders in our point-of-sale system that relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from the kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start, during and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear tables after guests.
- Take soiled tableware to the dish room and unload sort, and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc., in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between the seating’s, promptly clean tabletops, chairs, and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests' dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges, or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist the server assistant with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints, or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage manager.
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- Ensures that company policy regarding drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is stopped and referred to the Manager on duty immediately.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a restaurant position.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes.
- Possess math skills and can handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage, and wine; maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management.
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Be able to lift safely and efficiently maneuver items frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership Skills – Exhibits excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; Displays ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality; Displays ability to take the initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Customer Service Skills – Shows excellent guest service skills; Deals effectively with all business contacts; Always maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.