The Restaurant Manager is responsible for leading a team of F&B professionals that deliver high-quality, great-tasting food and beverages, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, and profitability. The Restaurant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees. This position contributes to building top line sales and guest count through the delivery of a competitively superior team member and guest experience. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of supplies, optimize profits, and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. Additionally, the Restaurant Manager supports managing quality in all aspects of their job.
- Manage and run the bar and floor while coaching and developing; always lead by example.
- Ensure that all beverage and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, blending, execution of brand standards.
- Assist with employment and termination decisions, including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining restaurant personnel as needed.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies, and procedures and oversee training of new restaurant employees.
- Fill in where needed as business needs fluctuate.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules, in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage, and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Oversee the training of restaurant personnel in safe operation all bar/kitchen equipment and tools.
- Responsible for training restaurant personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for dining/bar floors, walls, other equipment, and beverage storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in management.
- At least 1 month’s experience in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Rest. 365 preferably
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend and kneel
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership Skills – Exhibits excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; Displays ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality; Displays ability to take the initiative and exhibit flexibility; Motivates employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards
- Customer Service Skills – Shows excellent guest service skills; Deals effectively with all business contacts; Always maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Oral Communication - Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans; Handles the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.