Responsible for the preparation and/or cooking of food that follows company directed specifications by performing the following duties.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and grow as an individual and team player.
- Ability to accept, digest, and apply constructive criticisms from leadership or trainer for the overall good of the individual and brand.
- Ensures all materials and supplies are available.
- Sets up each station according to established guidelines and requirements to ensure guest experience.
- Ensures that all foods are prepared according to established recipes and plating guidelines.
- Executes designated preparation stations without support under normal conditions.
- Prepares food by measuring, cutting, peeling, etc. ingredients in accordance with the sales forecast and business level.
- Follows all company HACCP documentation and procedures throughout daily shifts.
- Responsible for daily requisition of non-food and food products.
- Ensures all products are properly received, stored, and maintained in their respective areas, including but not limited to dating, labeling and rotating.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members within department when applicable.
- Maintains safety standards while using knives and other food preparation equipment.
- Restocks and/or breaks down workstation at the conclusion of the shift.
- Stocks all stations as directed and cleans/closes all stations as directed.
- Ensures organization and cleanliness of all coolers, freezers, prep areas, etc.
- Cross-trains on all prep stations and assists those co-workers when needed to meet guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a clean appearance and workstation and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness, including cleaning all station equipment and utensils (flat tops, grills, storage drawers, etc.) at the end of each shift.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and SOP’s.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by chefs, management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and practices all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- One year minimum as a line cook in a full-service, high volume restaurant required; must have knowledge of the cooking techniques utilized in the scope of the prep/line position applying for; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Culinary degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and decision making abilities.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and training manuals.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills