The Polisher will exhibit integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Klaw to ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given professional, gracious service at all times. Also preform all aspects of the position with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy, and initiative.
- Follow directions from Beverage Manager, Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Manager regarding daily duties and tasks.
- Understands the job at hand, including proper procedures of how to maintain and clean the machinery/tools in use.
- Supports barbacks, runners, and server assistants
- Able to understand the chemicals being used as well as their purposes.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the polishing station, periodic sweeping and mopping of floors, taking out trash and replacing bags as needed.
- Informing Restaurant Manager of any equipment, tools or chemicals needed to perform job at hand.
- Be responsible for the care of plate ware, glassware, and flatware
- Must not place anything dirty, back on a shelf with finished cleaned items.
- Maintains all HACCP standard operating procedures.
- Ensures a clean & sanitary workstation, as well as enforcing KLAW sanitation standards throughout the facility.
- Must be able to follow schedule given.
- Must follow daily cleaning assignments based on procedure set by management, including deep cleaning.
- Other duties as directed
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Collaborates with team to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; fosters opportunities for team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints, or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage manager
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.