The primary function of the Pastry Cook I is to prepare high quality food in all various outlets on a basis of rotating schedule. The Pastry Cook I is responsible for timely and accurate preparation of made to order food and accurate preparation and plating Food items based on company specs and function contracts. The Pastry Cook I will have a complete knowledge of all of the Cook II and III performance objectives as well as sound technical skills to in all of the areas described in the performance objectives as stated in the job description for Cook I Position.
- High School diploma and/ or experience in a Restaurant or a related field preferred.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be physically fit in order to lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance Klaw Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the Restaurant.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag while working.
- Comply at all times with Klaw standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensure equipment and kitchen cleanliness.
- Maintain refrigerators and kitchen in clean, organized manner with all food items labeled and dated to facilitate the necessary production to achieve company goals
- Keep production of food at an adequate level, which does not result in excessive leftovers and waste.
- Has a solid knowledge and timely skills of various knife-cutting techniques, such as cutting, dicing and slicing. Refined skill set in the knowledge and preparation of garnishes.
- Has a solid knowledge of pastry products i.e. Cakes, desserts, pies, dough’s, cookies etc.
- Strong knowledge of food safety with critical control temperatures, danger zones, cross contamination, sanitization, food borne illness, toxins and chemical poisoning
- Make Team Leader aware of any special products needed for coming functions.
- Must stay current and up to date with trends.
- Must motivate team and inspire.
- Must supply their own basic tools of the trade i.e. Chef’s knife, paring knife, peeler