The head receptionist is responsible for customer relations and for ensuring that the restaurant’s customers receive impeccable service at all times that are up to KLAW brand standards. This role will set the stage for the guest experience by greeting, seating the guests, and assisting the management team with the table management system. In addition to but not limited to making a seating floor plan according to the reservations and communicate important guest information to the service team. Overseeing the reception team and serving as a point of contact to communicate any needs to management and vice versa, and ensure a smooth guest seating flow throughout the day.
· Being the first and last contact of the guest or patron in the restaurant, dining room, or lounge:
o Receiving and coordinating reservations in order to assign the corresponding tables
o Welcoming and greeting patrons at the entrance of the dining room, restaurant, or lounge according to company standards, and escorting them to their assigned tables or other seating areas while their table is ready
o Maintaining a pleasant and welcoming environment for the guests’ enjoyment at all times, ensuring the best dining experience, so that they always come back for the first-class service
o Thanking and greeting guests with genuine appreciation before they leave
· Communicating with the guest and/or patron:
o Getting feedback from guests or patrons in order to ensure satisfaction with both food and service.
o Assessing customer complaints, inquiries, and recommendations, always striving to provide a better service
o Anticipating and addressing the customers’ needs
o Ensuring all information provided to the guest or patron is current and accurate
o Speaking with guests, patrons, or staff using a clear, professional, and respectful language at all times
o Acting as a bridge between all departments to guarantee that a common vision is shared
· Overseeing all the activities in the dining room/restaurant/lounge:
o Inspecting dining and serving areas, as well as all the equipment in use and storage areas for organization and cleanliness
o Arranging for the replacement of dining room cutlery and other supplies, as necessary
o Ensuring the highest quality of standards are met for service, cleanliness, and profitability
o Assisting in implementing new menus and promotions
o Ensuring completion of opening and closing duties of respective department
o Coordinating work schedules
o Assisting in the hiring and training of new employees
o Instructing the staff on how to provide high-quality service and ensure that the guests’ needs are met to KLAW standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· A minimum of 1-2 year of experience in a head hostess restaurant position
· Knowledge of MS Office, OpenTable, Seven Rooms
· Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage, and wine; maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management
· Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
· Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Leadership Skills – Exhibits excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; Displays ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality; Displays ability to take the initiative and exhibit flexibility.
· Customer Service Skills – Shows excellent guest service skills; Deals effectively with all business contacts; Always maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Oral Communication - Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Handles the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.