The Host/ess at KLAW is responsible for table seating to maintain the highest company standards of F&B quality and service. They will maintain excellent reservation practices and managed the flow of guests day in and day out. The lead host/shift host will make a seating floor plan according to the reservations and communicate important guest information to the service team. The host team will greet the guests at the door and ensure a smooth guest seating flow throughout the day. As a host, you will be responsible for always providing a prompt and friendly welcome to all our guests by following the brands' standards. This role will set the stage for the guest experience by greeting, seating the guests, and assisting the management team with the table management system.
- Responsible for guiding the guest through the dining experience and contributing to the team and operation's overall success.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you're there to take care of them personally.
- Provide each guest with a friendly welcome and farewell to ensure a positive and memorable visit.
- Ensure communications with managers to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of our reservation platform
- Provide information to management on chit to update guest profiles in the reservation system.
- Perform side work at the start, during and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Monitor and observe guests' dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow hostess as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist the server assistant with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage manager
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- Ensures that company policy regarding drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is stopped and referred to the Manager on duty immediately.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a hostess restaurant position
- Knowledge of MS Office, OpenTable, SevenRooms
- Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage, and wine; maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management.
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership Skills – Exhibits excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; Displays ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality; Displays ability to take the initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Customer Service Skills – Shows excellent guest service skills; Deals effectively with all business contacts; Always maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Oral Communication - Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Handles the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments