The Food Runner is responsible for always providing prompt and friendly food and beverage service to all our guests by following the brands’ standards. This role will act as a liaison between the kitchen and the dining room. The runner will ensure that each dish gets delivered to the guests. They will alert the chef or server regarding any specific requests and menu changes. This individual is expected to have all knowledge regarding our menu, beverage, and wine offerings. The Food Runner must be energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and passionate about hospitality, food, and beverage.
· Answer questions about our food and other restaurant functions and services.
· Organize the kitchen pass per the Chef's expectations with the proper plates, silver, kitchen towels, and wipe rolls.
· Ensure that all plates are polished before the service starts.
· Maintain a clean station at the kitchen pass always.
· Must know all table numbers and guest position numbers.
· Under guidance from Chef, deliver plates and items from the kitchen to the proper tables.
· Act as a liaison between the service staff and the kitchen regarding special requests or restrictions.
· Deliver food from the kitchen to guests in a timely matter.
· Perform side work at the start, during, and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
· Maintain clean service areas.
· Monitor and observe guests' dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
· Be ready and willing to assist fellow runners as situations arise.
· Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
· Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
· Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
· Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints, or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage manager
· Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
· Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
· Ensures that company policy regarding drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously intoxicated guests is stopped and referred to the Manager on duty immediately.
· Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· A minimum of 1 year experience in a restaurant position.
· Be able to learn our food menu; maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management.
· Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and dining room personnel
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to lift safely and efficiently maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.