Fabricates proteins from sub primal cuts up to full carcasses. Must have experience using bandsaw, hand saw(s), various types of knives and other job specific equipment. This candidate must be self-sufficient and organized to maintain a daily/ weekly/ monthly pars/ inventory.
- Fabricates, portions, vacuum sealing, and rotation per business needs.
- Prepares and places meat cuts for daily customer display, maintain dry aged display and main dry age cooler daily.
- Prepares special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality, consistently communicates with senior leadership team on daily basis.
- Monitor’s product to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Maintains accountability, organization, and overall cleanliness and well-being of cut shop at all times.
- Records quantity of meat received and issued to cooks or keeps records of meat sales.
- Understands cross utilization of products and the importance of usable and non-usable waste.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and grow as an individual and team player.
- Ability to accept, digest, and apply constructive criticisms from leadership or trainer for the overall good of the individual and brand.
- Ensures all materials and supplies are available.
- Executes designated station without support under normal conditions.
- Prepares food by measuring, cutting, peeling, etc. ingredients in accordance with the sales forecast and business level.
- Follows all company HACCP documentation and procedures throughout daily shifts.
- Maintains safety standards while using knives and other food preparation equipment.
- Restocks and/or breaks down workstation at the conclusion of the shift.
- Stocks all stations as directed and cleans/closes all stations as directed.
- Ensures organization and cleanliness of all station areas at all times.
- Maintains a clean appearance and workstation and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness, including cleaning all station equipment and utensils (flat tops, grills, storage drawers, etc.) at the end of each shift.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and SOP’s.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by chefs, management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and practices all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents to management.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least 3 years of related experience
- Candidate must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- At least 3 years, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Culinary degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- The characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking, and reaching.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently required to wash hands and/or wear gloves.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and training manuals.