Report to: Beverage Manager, Assistant General Manager and Restaurant Manager
The Bartender is responsible for always providing prompt and friendly F&B service to our guests by following the brands’ standards. The Bartender will be responsible for beverage production of all areas of the bar and dining room. This role will prepare and serve alcoholic and soft drink beverages behind the bar, including our signature cocktails and wine selection, and providing service to our guests wishing to dine at the counter. This individual is expected to have all knowledge regarding our menu, beverage, and wine offerings. The bartender must be energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and passionate about hospitality, food, and beverage.
- Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant's standard drink recipes.
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses attractively and functionally to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in the bar area.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all bar areas, including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Monitor and observe guests' dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges, or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow bartenders as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist the barback with clearing and resetting seats/tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Assist in the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints, or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage manager
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- Ensures that company policy regarding drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests is stopped and referred to the Manager on duty immediately.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 year of experience as a bartender.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine, and liquor and common drink recipes
- Be 21 years of age.
- Possess math skills and could handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage, and wine; maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management.
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Leadership Skills – Exhibits excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills; Displays ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality; Displays ability to take the initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Customer Service Skills – Shows excellent guest service skills; Deals effectively with all business contacts; Always maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.