The Barback is responsible for providing prompt and friendly food and beverage service to our guests by following the brands’ standards. The Barback will act as the primary support person to the bartenders. This position is responsible for keeping the bar area stocked with essential items such as spirits, beer, wine, mixers, ice, garnishes, etc. In addition, the Barback plays a vital role in the cleanliness and organization of the bar area. This role may be called upon to assist the bartender in preparing and serve alcoholic or soft drink beverages. This individual is expected to have basic knowledge regarding our menu, beverage, and wine offerings. The barback must be energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and passionate about hospitality, food, and beverage.
- Supports Bartender
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Restock Ice
- Assist the Bartender restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Takes out trash when needed
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient
- drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Monitor and observe guests' dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow barbacks as situations arise.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
- Communicates any problems, challenges, complaints, or service difficulties, in a timely manner, to the manager on duty or beverage manager
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all associated equipment.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- Ensures that company policy regarding drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests is stopped and referred to the Manager on duty immediately.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 year of experience as a bartender.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage, and wine; maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management.
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
· Be able to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Specific vision abilities that this job may require include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.