The Sales and Customer Service Representative sells and services new and existing accounts. The position performs sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs, and sales of additional services as assigned.
**This positions requires personal transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initiate and follow-up with families and prospects to sell services, resolve problems, and answer questions.
- Prepare, process, review and monitor various documents such as programs, policies, applications, changes, sponsorships, contracts, etc.
- Contact current and prospective families to sell and explain educational programs, and financial assistance availability.
- Prepare and present proposals, quote and recommend services based on family needs
- Arrange payment terms in accordance with established guidelines
- Create and maintain computer files and suspense for follow-up action
- Provide advisory support and assistance to the school director as needed
- Attend local schools, sales seminars/sponsorships, sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the market
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training
- Childcare Industry experience and sales experience is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, policies, documents, and regulations
- Ability to write reports and compose business correspondence
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, pro-rata, percentages, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic accounting
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Word