Great Jobs KC (www.greatjobskc.org) is a 501(c)(3) college scholarship and tuition-free job training program. Its goal is to support persistence and increase the college completion rate for low- and modest-income students across the six-county, bi-state service region and secure family-sustaining careers. The organization was designed to change thousands of individual lives and transform the region by preparing the local future workforce and contributing to the regional economy. The KC Scholars Scholarship Program awards traditional college scholarships to high school juniors, adult learner scholarships to adults 18 years and older, and college savings match awards to high school freshmen. The Great Jobs KC program provides tuition assistance to approved career training programs in high-demand industries such as construction, healthcare, information technology, logistics/warehousing, manufacturing and service careers. With the support of Great Jobs KC, adults 17+ and older can learn the skills needed in one year or less to earn between $45,000-$85,000. Great Jobs KC supports all its Scholars throughout their college or job training and into their first year of employment.
About The Role
Reports to: Vice President of Scholarship Programs
Location: Kansas City, MO, In Office
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, leave program, 401k including employer contribution, and others
Operating hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CST
Key Performance Indicators:
· 100% satisfaction in excellent customer service
· Ensure timeliness and effective communication across the organization
· Manage, organize, and store materials for availability and quick access by employees
· Coordinate schedules and meeting set ups across the organization
The Office/Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high-quality executive support to the Vice President so that the Vice President has the necessary time and space for strategic thinking and action. The Office/Executive Administrative Assistant may also provide administrative support for team members reporting upward to the Vice President. In addition, the Executive Assistant may serve as secretary to the board at the request of the CEO.
The Office/Executive Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support in a variety of capacities to support the Vice President, Great Jobs KC mission, recipients, and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee calendars and schedules for the Vice President.
· Coordinate and/or provide administrative support for the Vice President.
· Oversee day to day office operations, facilities, and administration to facilitate an efficient and organized office environment and operations.
· Prepare, and update documents, processes, manuals, reports, packets, and presentation materials, primarily for the Vice President.
· Format correspondence and reports on behalf of/and for the Vice President.
· Organize and prioritize and appropriately direct incoming and internal information and calls.
· Distribute incoming and outgoing mail for the team.
· Organize and maintain the office filing system and materials for the Vice President.
· Build vendor relationships and directly or indirectly manage ongoing events, catering, space reservations, technology needs, invitations, and reservations.
· Research assigned projects as needed.
· Coordinate travel arrangements for team members per approval from Vice President.
· Review and prepare itineraries and expense reimbursements and credit card statements to receipts reconciliation for the Vice President and others as requested.
· Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
· Greet and assist all guests with excellent customer service.
· Manage office supply and collateral materials procurement, process, inventory, and ordering.
· Assist with large-scale program events that are highly visible and include varying and large audiences from multiple sectors.
· Support the preparation of Board materials and minutes and communication with Board members and their assistants, if needed.
· Attend meetings and events as needed.
· Other related activities and duties as assigned.
· Support other executive leaders as requested/assigned.
· Associate degree in relevant field required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in administrative or program support positions with progressively increasing responsibility.
· Experience managing all aspects of office administration.
· Has previously supported multiple persons/positions simultaneously.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment with the ability to set and meet clear deadlines.
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to be proactive and consider the bigger picture.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional judgment that augments an ability to be solutions-oriented and then act appropriately to solve problems.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel) and have the ability to learn applications as needed.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, transformational environment.
· Quick learner with the ability to develop a solid understanding of the content, processes, deliverables, and overall objectives.
· Personal values system that encompasses the highest standards of honesty, confidentiality, integrity, loyalty, and professional ethics.
· Ability to be self-directed, take initiative, anticipate demands, and problem solve.
· Ability to double-check work and ensure that all details are successfully and correctly handled.
· Ability to maintain a calm and competent demeanor in uncomfortable and demanding situations.
· Experience working successfully with multiple demands, shifting priorities and constant change in an ambiguous environment. Self-driven yet willing to follow directions, at times with limited input.
· Strong relationship building skills.
· Willing to go the extra mile as needed.
· Occasional regional and national travel as needed.
· Ability to lift to 15 lbs.
· Ability to work in an office and remote environment.
· Ability to travel from and to work and occasionally to regional sites as the organization grows.
· Ability to interact with others via technology, face-to-face and collectively.
To apply, please follow this link, and be prepared to upload your resume.
Great Jobs KC firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state, or local law.