ABOUT THE ROLE
Reports to: Sr. Director of Employer Network
Location: Kansas City, MO
Remote or Hybrid
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, leave
program, 401k including employer contribution, and others
Operating hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CST
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure 80% of scholars secure an internship and/or great job making $45,000 or more.
Scholar Career Development (30%):
- Assist Scholars with resume development and/or review, and interview skills and preparation.
- Connect Scholars with available job opportunities and resources.
- Connect Scholars to relevant internal and external available activities, such as GJKC, Scholarships or alumni events, workshops, and sessions.
- Provide career coaching and mentoring as the opportunity arises.
- Provide feedback to Scholars as they experience the candidate selection and employment processes.
Scholar Support (30%):
- Work closely with scholar advocates in the proper exchange of Scholar information such as: referrals, job interest, personal/professional needs, changes in employment/education statuses, personal/professional circumstances, etc.
- Work closely with the Scholar support resources team to relay the needs of scholars during their job search and while experiencing their first year of employment.
- Address with scholars and/or their Scholar Advocate any delicate, cultural, extraordinary needs and/or circumstances affecting their personal or professional life as they search for employment.
- Support Alumni program efforts and motivate Scholars to participate and leverage services and opportunities.
Career Resources (30%):
- Prepare and identify Scholars for workforce entry.
- Coordinate with the Employer Engagement Manager role to identify job opportunities per our Employer Partnership Program.
- Coordinate and facilitate the connections between Scholars and job opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal partners in the creation and/or development of programs, processes or procedures needed to provide the Scholars with the best service and experience available.
Research & Data Management (8%):
- Be aware of the latest workforce and high demand sector data.
- Ensure the Employer Engagement Manager receives the most accurate, available data to assist them in presenting our Scholars to potential employers and formulate adequate forecast.
- Ensure Scholar Salesforce records are updated as often as needed to maintain accurate records and activity tracking through processes.
- Manage appropriate survey feedback and reports from automated forms and processes to secure accurate data collection, assessment and understanding.
- Conduct weekly report outs of progress as well as conduct cumulative report outs when needed.
- Occasional other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business, Account Management, or Human Resources.
- At least three years of related work experience in business, recruitment, corporate, or education required.
- Three years of project planning and management required.
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, transformational environment.
- Able to shift priorities as needed.
- Strong project management.
- Ability to make objective decisions through facts and data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven yet willing to follow direction, at times with limited input.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile as needed.
- Personal value system that includes the highest standards of honesty, confidentiality, integrity, loyalty, and professional ethics reflective of the ability to succeed in building and maintaining positive relationships with the community.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, research skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills).
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to travel from and to work and occasionally to regional sites as the organization grows.
- Ability to interact with others via technology, face-to-face and collectively.
To apply, please follow this link, and be prepared to upload your resume.
KC Scholars firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state, or local law.