ABOUT THE ROLE
Reports to: Regional Recruitment Manager
Location: Kansas City, MO
Remote in the KC Area (technology provided), on ground recruiting
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, leave
program, 401k including employer contribution, and others
Operating hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CST, this position will work 20% of the workday
outside traditional office hours each week.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Recruit 12,000 adult learner applicants in KC Talent Network by March 2024.
- Enroll 3000 adult learners in KC Talent Network training programs by March 2024.
- 80% completion rate for Adult Learner Programs.
- 80% employment rate for Adult Learner Program graduates.
- Increase market penetration by cold calling assigned territories to promote KC Scholars.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Represent KC Scholars’ mission and programs, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with target audience research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Implement, monitor, and achieve annual recruitment goals for assigned programs and territories.
- Ability to deliver interactive and engaging presentations to large and small audiences of various ages.
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual program enrollment quotas through the successful implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Deliver compelling program message, answer questions and complete program enrollment of adult learner prospects.
- Tracks and closely monitors expected adult learner recruitment activity within region.
- Provide application and recruitment updates, progress tracking and follow-up actions.
- Work in close partnership with leadership to ensure a seamless experience for our adult learners and to ensure a strong presence at prospective events.
- Detail-oriented, engages with the community in a friendly and respectful manner, analytical, able to collect and interpret data to inform custom strategy for each region.
- A “Whatever it Takes” attitude and tireless commitment to excellence.
- Ability to inspire support from peers and leadership to drive successful action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, and/or relevant certification or technical training preferred.
- At least one year of sales experience or outreach experience.
- General understanding of college access, persistence, and completion issues – particularly for low-income, first-generation college, and underrepresented students and returning adult learners.
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a recruitment territory, work under tight deadlines, and meet assigned enrollment goals.
- Quick learner with the ability to develop a solid understanding of the content, processes, deliverables, and overall objectives.
- Personal values system that encompasses the highest standards of honesty, confidentiality, integrity, loyalty, and professional ethics reflective of the ability to succeed in building and maintaining positive relationships with Scholars and stakeholders.
- Passion for increasing college access and completion, especially among students who may be first-generation, low-income, and/or a member of a demographic group traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education.
- Excellent, culturally competent, communications skills (written, verbal, research skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills).
- Creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent decisions and solve problems in a changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills, well-developed process skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and meet multiple competing deadlines.
- Desire for feedback and ability to use it to drive quality.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new applications and complex features as needed.
- Passionate about community economic prosperity and dispensing hope in community
- Experience in sales and a successful closer.
- Open to new challenges and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to travel from and to work, extensive regional travel, and occasional national travel as the organization grows.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Ability to interact with others via technology, face-to-face and collectively.
To apply, please follow this link, and be prepared to upload your resume.
KC Scholars firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state, or local law.