Nurse Next Door, Hampton Roads, is currently seeking compassionate, highly-skilled, and reliable Caregivers to join our growing Home Health Care Team. In this role, you will work closely with clientele -- providing personal care and assisting with activities of daily living in the home-setting. At Nurse Next Door, Caregivers are committed to a shared philosophy and mission to assist clientele in maximizing their independence and reaching their fullest potential in their personal residence.
PCA Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to clients' homes, arriving on time.
- Greet clients in a warm, professional manner.
- Understand the limitations and needs of each individual client.
- Provide basic domestic services (meal prep, laundry, light housework).
- Provide companionship and engage in conversation with the clients.
- Run errands, either with or for the client, as needed.
- Assist with mobility issues, helping the client get in and out of bed, wheelchair, etc.
- Remind the client to take medications and document them accordingly.
- Help with personal hygiene e.g. brushing teeth, toileting, bathing.
- Change bed linens regularly.
- Assist with all daily activities, based on the client's limitations and needs.
- Provide a caring and positive presence for the client.
- Document/log client’s' progress and overall well being for daily reports.
PCA Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current certificate in First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Significant experience working in a Home Health Care environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Domestic Work or Housekeeping is a plus.
- Mastery of the English language, written and verbal.
- Good communication skills, excellent conversational skills.
- Able to lift heavy objects, help move clients, and perform physical tasks.
- Patience and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Willingness to conduct domestic and personal tasks requested by the client.
- Prompt and reliable.
- Warm and caring personality.
- Commitment to treating clients with dignity and respect.
- Willingness to comply with all legal and institutional requirements and guidelines.