The Domestic and Consignment Operations Planner is a salaried, exempt position with the hours of 7am-4pm Monday through Friday. The Planner will oversee daily consignment inventory management, shipments across assigned United States territories and lanes, and other logistics functions necessary. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and, above all else, a commitment to superior customer service.
JW Transport and JW Customs Brokers are headquartered in Uptown New Orleans and are involved with the transportation process of domestic and international cargo. We are looking for enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, thorough, and collaborative individuals to help our team with satisfying high customer demand. We also want new team members to grow at JW and advance within the organization over the long-run.
Our Core Values:
Resilience. In any storm, we are calm, and maintain composure despite requisite challenges.
Integrity. We are proactive, responsive, communicative, and accountable.
Excellence. We do things the right way, the first time; value is added to all that we touch.
Loyalty. We build and forage relationships with everyone, and problem solve as a team.
Simplification. Our team is eager to seek solutions that make things easier, or clearer.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides top-tier customer service at each and every interaction with clients, buyers, vendors, and all other shipment participants.
- Schedules truck shipments to end-users, ensuring delivery is successful.
- Matches cargo to appropriate trucks, and schedules assets for safe and timely delivery.
- Sustains enduring relationships with vendors and clientele.
- Tracks truck locations and progress, advising end-users and clients of shipment status.
- Monitors consignment inventory, developing and maintaining Excel-based control systems.
- Assists clients with order status inquiries and special customer needs.
- Resolves delivery problems efficiently and provides frequent updates to customers.
- Create draft shipment invoice, identifying costs and income for dissemination to accounting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of export regulations and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with computerized distribution systems.
Education and Experience:
- Participation in 4-year or 2-year college degree programs, OR 2 years of professional work experience required.
- Completion of advanced Microsoft Excel a plus, but not required.
- Required to work on-site, in-office four days a week.
- Previous experience in customer service, trucking, warehousing, and logistics a plus, but not required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Must be vaccinated, or willing to become vaccinated against, COVID-19
Company Offered Benefits:
- Medical Insurance: zero-deductible plan. Employer covers 95% of monthly premium.
- Dental Insurance. Employer covers 85% of monthly premium.
- Vision Insurance. Employer covers 85% of monthly premium.
- 401(k) and Roth plans: fully-vested, with 4% employer match.
- 15 days paid vacation during first year of employment; paid sick leave.