*****CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD*****
SME Network and Computer Systems Administrator (SolarWinds) – Fort Bragg, NC
Position ID: CONTINGENT-RISA20221229-002
Number of Positions: 1
Company: Rolston Information Systems Assurance, LLC (RISA)
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Key Personnel Position: Yes
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
Remote/Telework Authorized? No remote/telework is authorized. Work is performed 100% on site.
Anticipated Start Date: Anticipated Award Date is June 2023
CONTINGENT Upon Contract Award
Required Security Clearance: Must already possess and be able to maintain an active DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
COVID Policy: As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
- Provide subject matter expertise to automate Vulnerability Management and Compliance Management using industry standard network monitoring tools defined by Customer governance board. Assist in the Configuration Management, Documentation, and Network Administration of all Army/MI nodes. Automate configuration via interface and device templates. Integrate COTS products to enable compliance with NIST publicized standards and DISA Zero Trust model.
- Document network with Microsoft Visio, Excel, and Word to provide network diagrams, topologies, traffic flow, and procedures for organizations IT Staff. Assist with the submission of C&A artifacts for Site Accreditation.
- Install, Configure, and Customize Network Monitoring tools (SolarWinds Orion) for monitoring, configuration management, and alerting for all nodes (~6000) on the organizations' Army networks. Perform corrective actions to restore SolarWinds to its normal operational status within 2 hours from the time of operational failure occurrence/notification. Update, integrate, and migrate the SolarWinds architecture to authorized operating systems and interdependent services as required to meet OPORDS throughout the period of performance.
- Interact with clients to receive requests, request clarifications, triage, troubleshoot, and resolve Network Management issues.
- Develop STIG and FISMA-NIST Compliance Templates in utilizing a Network Configuration Manager and Firewall Security Manager. Update STIG settings in accordance with IAVMs or quarterly at a minimum.
- Develop customized node properties to integrate in to Reports, Policies, and Functional rule sets.
- Standardize SNMP trap configuration and alerting utilizing industry standards and best practices.
- Create automated compliance reports using custom SQL objects reporting tool to capture configuration deviations and overall compliance with applicable guidelines including but not limited to DISA STIG, IAVM/ICVM, NIST, and Cybersecurity Tasking Orders. Update node, interface, and volume details in the custom property tool. Research SNMP MIBs and accurately create new UnDP monitors for custom OID values. Capable of utilizing regular expressions within Network Monitoring tools, creating scripts to automate Configuration Management and Compliance Reporting. Standardize the custom property tool into a repeatable process across additional Enclaves.
- Attend any corresponding training and perform all subtasks under this task
- Install, configure, and administer SolarWinds Modules on all networks: Network Performance Module (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM), Data Performance Analyzer (DPM), IP Address Manager (IPAM), Web Performance Manager (WPM), Server and Application Monitor (SAM), Network Traffic Analyzer (NTA).
- Report application status in near real time and create customized visualization dashboards and reports.
- Review incoming traps and syslog, and convert into alerts. Create Compliance reports using the NCM Reporting feature.
- Monitor the performance of SQL and Web services, provide monthly reports with recommendations to improve performance.
- Implement WPM and monitor the performance of Customer web services.
- Implement DPM and monitor the performance of Customer SQL services.
- Deploy IPAM on all networks and integrate existing DHCP servers for enhanced IP subnet monitoring.
- Provide service and monitoring of PM/POR systems on Customer networks. Integrate mission critical assets into networking monitoring dashboards. Monitor PM/POR systems, enable real time monitoring, and create alerts for PM/POR system, service, or capability interruptions.
- Design a high availability SolarWinds architecture and deployment plan. Brief the Customer Governance Board and implement the solution upon approval. Develop a Disaster Recovery plan and ensure the Enterprise SolarWinds capability can be restored with all configurations intact.
IAT III Baseline Certification (CISSP/CASP)
Cisco Certified Network Professional or SolarWinds Certified Professional
Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or 15 years of related experience
Requires minimum 15 years of experience performing a combination of Network design, architecture, engineering, and security.
Proven experience in deploying and managing SolarWinds Orion in a highly distributed global enterprise.
Professional Office Environment; must be able to sit at a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
Must be able to communicate regularly via telephone and verbally present information to employees, customers, and outside vendors.
Work Schedule/Expected Hours of Work:
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday 0800 – 1700 (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
No travel is expected.
Limited to per diem allowed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations/Federal Travel Regulations (JTR/FTR) for pre-approved travel if required.
United States Citizenship is required.
RISA is an emerging technologies service provider focused on the continuity of network operations and elimination of risk to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of critical business processes and data. RISA seeks professionals who are excited by technical challenges and driven by the opportunity to use their knowledge, skills, and abilities in helping our customers meet mission requirements. Our success comes from the talent and commitment of our dedicated employees driven in providing valuable services to our customers. Come along for the journey and perhaps you can be part of our growth and success.
RISA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Company Paid Life Insurance & Disability
· Retirement Savings Plan including both Pre-tax & Roth Contributions
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 11 Paid Federal Holidays
RISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer