Network Engineer III – F5 Network Engineering
Network Engineer III – F5 Network Engineering – Springfield, VA
Position ID: RISA20230227-NE024
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Location: Springfield, VA (WMA) (22150)
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate Job Opening
Required Security Clearance: Must already possess and be able to maintain an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
Must already have or have held SCI within the last 2 years.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph within 6 months of start date.
COVID Policy: As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
The Network Engineer III performs research, requirements analysis, design, installation, documentation, troubleshooting, and sustainment of local- and wide-area network hardware and services. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation.
· Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded. Experience in reviewing Mission related change requirements such as Change Requests (CRQs) and determining impacts on Transport activities across the Enterprise while providing technical solutions
· Engineer and implement solutions for Projects based on customer Change Requests
· Serve as the technical representative for assigned projects.
· Provide recommendations on newly submitted actions items.
· Coordinate issues with the appropriate owners/organizations.
· Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
· Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
· Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
· Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
· Must have DoDD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification. (Note: A minimum of CompTIA Security+ CE is required as a pre-hire requirement.)
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· 10+ years of related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
· 5+ years of experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
· Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
· Experience with F5 (APM, AFM, SSLO, etc.)
· Competent with mutual Transport Layer Security (mTLS)
· Experience with Online Certificate Status Protocol OCSP revocation
· Familiar with DoD PKI, Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, HTML
· Ability to describe and troubleshoot TLS/SSL handshake/connection issues
· Experience with HTTP, SAML and OAuth
· Network design, engineering, and implementation (Advanced Level)
· Creation of network related Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) equipment lists and costing
· Understanding of DISA and IC standards and processes
· Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities
· Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
· Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
· F5 Networks Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
· CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP (or equivalent)
· ITIL v3 Foundations
· ISC2 CISSP
Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Professional Office Environment; must be able to sit at a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
· Must be able to communicate regularly via telephone and verbally present information to employees, customers and outside vendors.
Work Schedule/Expected Hours of Work:
· Requires ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
· 40 hours per week (various shifts available and will be discussed during the interview process - you will be assigned one shift and shifts are not rotated)
· The start and end times may actually vary a little from what is listed here.
Day - Shift 0600-1400
Mid - Shift 1400-2200
Eve - Shift 2200-0600
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee.
· Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Travel Estimated: No travel is expected.
Limited to per diem allowed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations/Federal Travel Regulations (JTR/FTR) for pre-approved travel if required.
United States Citizenship is required.
RISA is an emerging technologies service provider focused on the continuity of network operations and elimination of risk to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of critical business processes and data. RISA seeks professionals who are excited by technical challenges and driven by the opportunity to use their knowledge, skills, and abilities in helping our customers meet mission requirements. Our success comes from the talent and commitment of our dedicated employees driven in providing valuable services to our customers. Come along for the journey and perhaps you can be part of our growth and success. RISA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
RISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer