Cyber Security Engineer II – Endpoint Security Services
Cyber Security Engineer II – Endpoint Security Services – St. Louis, MO
Position ID: RISA20230227-CE032
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Location: St. Louis, MO (NCW) (63118)
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate Job Opening
Required Security Clearance: Must already possess and be able to maintain an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
Must already have or have held SCI within the last 2 years.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph within 6 months of start date.
COVID Policy: As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
The Cyber Security Engineer II - Endpoint Security Services will support our Intelligence Community customer’s various endpoint security platforms.
· Implement and apply technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from malicious attack, damage, or unauthorized access.
· Provide engineering and sustainment support for the various endpoint security solutions.
· Establish computing environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
· Provide specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· Configure and install various security products utilizing Linux OS.
· Work with both the software vendor and the customer to research, analyze, and implement enterprise-wide security solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
· Assist with design, analysis, testing and implementation of state-of-the-art secure architectures
· Oversee security infrastructure sustainment, maintenance, and advanced configuration (policy management, database administration and security management tools)
· Oversee the reporting, documentation and investigation of all security related incidents; lead the development and implementation of corrective measures
Must have DoDD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification. (Note: A minimum of CompTIA Security+ CE is required.)
CSSP Infrastructure Support certification (Within 6 months of date of hire)
(Note: see below for which certifications qualify – You only require one of the certifications listed under CSSP Infrastructure Support, in addition to CompTIA Security+ CE.)
o If applicant does not already have one of the following certifications, applicant will be allowed six months from job start date to obtain the certification.
CSSP Infrastructure Support
Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science or related field) and Six (6) years of technical experience in Cyber Security.
Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· 6 years of technical experience working in Cyber Security
· Working knowledge of maintaining Enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements utilizing all or some of the following tools: HBSS, Carbon Black Response/Protection, Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA), Tanium
· Strong working knowledge of administering applications in a Linux environment
· Experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high-paced, diverse environment
· Understanding of and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
· Experience in providing status reports and products to senior management and customers
· Experience with plans, designs, and evaluations of security systems and architectures
· Any Linux related certifications
· Experience with Windows Enterprise Active Directory (AD) architecture and VMWare virtualization
Professional Office Environment; must be able to sit at a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
· Must be able to communicate regularly via telephone and verbally present information to employees, customers and outside vendors.
Work Schedule/Expected Hours of Work:
· Requires ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
· 40 hours per week (various shifts available and will be discussed during the interview process - you will be assigned one shift and shifts are not rotated)
· The start and end times may actually vary a little from what is listed here.
Day - Shift 0600-1400
Mid - Shift 1400-2200
Eve - Shift 2200-0600
· This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee.
· Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Travel Estimated: Up to 10% travel is expected.
Type of Travel: Local
Limited to per diem allowed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations/Federal Travel Regulations (JTR/FTR) for pre-approved travel if required.
United States Citizenship is required.
RISA is an emerging technologies service provider focused on the continuity of network operations and elimination of risk to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of critical business processes and data. RISA seeks professionals who are excited by technical challenges and driven by the opportunity to use their knowledge, skills, and abilities in helping our customers meet mission requirements. Our success comes from the talent and commitment of our dedicated employees driven in providing valuable services to our customers. Come along for the journey and perhaps you can be part of our growth and success. RISA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
RISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer