We are currently seeking to hire for one of our clients a talented and passionate individual to join our team as the Director of Development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by leading our fundraising efforts and helping to change lives on a daily basis.
Based in Brooklyn, NY, you will report directly to the CEO and collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, the communications team, and other members of the organization to plan and execute fundraising initiatives and special events. Your main responsibility will be to develop, implement, and organize creative strategies that will enable us to meet our fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit development, with a strong emphasis on nontraditional fundraising approaches. We are looking for strategic thinkers who can secure large donations and multi-year funding.
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan, securing financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with major donors
- Create and implement a strategy to build a large, sustained base of annual individual donors, including matching gifts
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising
- Oversee the implementation of development software, including Salesforce
- Supervise staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Provide regular progress reports to the board
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Services, Business, or a related field (Master's Degree preferred)
- Minimum of five years of experience in business development
- Minimum of five years of experience in fundraising
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge and Salesforce
- Minimum of five years of experience in comprehensive fundraising methods
- Minimum of five years of experience in identifying funding sources for nonprofit organizations
- Minimum of three years of experience in social cause marketing
- Background in sales/social marketing
- Demonstrated ability to meet organizational fundraising goals
- Experience managing special events
- Proficiency in using donor management systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to cultivate relationships with individual donors and build partnerships with corporations for matching gifts
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and a service mentality
- Leadership skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in all aspects of our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, military service status, or any other protected classification. Our commitment to equal opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, organization-sponsored training, and social and recreational programs. All employment decisions will be made in a non-discriminatory manner.
$150,000 - $150,000 per year