Prep Cooks are responsible for restocking low pre-made foods and filling items as line cooks need. The Prep Cook reports to the Back of House Manager.
Responsibilities of the Prep Cook include but are not limited to keeping food pars where they need to be, inventory, ordering, stocking, communicating with line cooks and Kitchen Manager of kitchen needs and cleaning of the prep room.
Line Cooks are responsible for cooking and plating meals for customers in a timely manner.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow all operational instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practice
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Gym Membership