Join our pastry team!
As a member of the pastry team, the pastry prep cook will execute all tasks related to assembling, mixing, and finishing pastry and viennoiserie while adhering to James Coffee’s vision, culture, and team values.
No overnight shifts required.
This position is available part time.
- Arrive at the kitchen floor ready to work at the time of the start of the shift
- Understand all aspects of the pastry and viennoiserie menus and how to execute each component
- Work cleanly, ensuring that every station is cleaned after every project executed
-Deliver pastries to the coffee shops
- Execute recipe processes and techniques developed by the pastry team to ensure consistency and quality
- Own the stations that they are working on each day.
- Help other pastry team members when needed.
- Clean all equipment and workspaces following specific cleaning procedures
- Communicate with all team members respectfully and professionally
- Maximize efficiency in all areas of production and execute proper time management during shifts
- Ask for help when it is needed.
- James Coffee pays 85% of medical insurance premium for all full-time employees
- Dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available for eligible dependents
- Additional life insurance and accident insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free coffee at any location and a weekly bag of beans
- Must have valid CA Driver's license
-A minimum of 1 years' experience in kitchen preparation preferred
- Existing Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire.
- Be able to communicate and understand English
- Effective oral communication skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Must be well-groomed, maintain good hygiene
- Possess excellent basic math skills.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 40 pounds
Please Note: Must be able to stand and/or walk for an entire shift. Must be trainable on operating various equipment safely to perform job duties. Constantly stoops, kneels, crouches to reach product on floor or under tables. Job performance will be appraised after one month, three months and bi-annually thereafter.
$19 - $21 per hour