We are searching for an engaging Barista who is passionate about coffee preparation, experience and education.
As a Barista, you will greet customers, answer their questions, take orders accept payments, and prepare drinks. You will also maintain a clean and healthy work environment, and continuously expand your knowledge of beverage quality controls, preparation, and presentation.
You should be committed to providing customers with excellent service. You should be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and polite.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a passion for our coffee and share knowledge with customers
- Committed to providing consistent quality beverages
- Confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers by responding to questions, orders, and concerns
- Preparing beverages, brewing coffee, and serving to customers
- Maintain product knowledge regarding all pastries and food items and stay up to date on seasonal menu changes
- Maintain a clean environment involving the cleaning of the back of house, bar areas, cafes, and patios contributing to a healthy environment for customers and employees
- Properly handle and maintain all coffee brewing equipment
- Contribute to store profitability by following cash handling and cash register policies and procedures
- We work as a team! You will assist in the training and the development of new employees.
- Will work at different stations in the cafe; cashier, bar, bar support and dishwashing
- Follow all company policies, procedures and processes, and share ideas to make them better
- Attend all individual and company scheduled training sessions and staff meetings to constantly advance education on coffee, tea, merchandise, and espresso bar skills
- Other duties as assigned
- James Coffee pays 50% of medical insurance premium for all full-time employees
- Dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available for eligible dependents
- Additional life insurance and accident insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Free coffee at any location and a weekly bag of beans
- Training and willingness to learn about coffee and beverages
- Hospitable and inclusive with all customers and co-workers
- Demonstrating a passion for coffee and tea
- Can create productive relationships with co-workers, collaborating and working as a team
$16.3 - $17.55 per hour