The Maintenance Industrial Mechanic is a key member of the Production team. We are based in Loganton, PA
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment in the Production areas. This position’s primary function is to ensure machinery and equipment in the facility remain in good working order to optimize productivity and efficiencies. The Maintenance Mechanic will be accountable for complying with all applicable company standards and government regulations, manage preventative maintenance duties, and troubleshoot production equipment. Success will be defined by the employee’s ability to perform maintenance activities in a manner that reduces maintenance costs while ensuring efficient equipment performance.
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- $20 - 28/Hour, depending on level of experience
- Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Great benefits including Medical, Dental, and Company Paid Life Insurance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs according to company guidelines and equipment specifications on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems ensuring that all paperwork and procedures are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adjusts plant equipment ensuring the proper performance and safe operating conditions.
- Conduct preventative maintenance to support production equipment.
- Performs various “in shop” repairs which may include welding, milling, machining and other related activities.
- Diagnoses electrical, mechanical, conveyors, plumbing and similar problems, and applies appropriate corrective action.
- Communicating and working with other maintenance and production personnel to accomplish all maintenance and repair tasks in a timely and safe manner.
- Perform all duties while maintaining compliance with regulatory safety requirements, e.g. OSHA.
- Willing to learn and become proficient in new trades or skills as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage shifting priorities.
- Must be able to utilize proper PPE at all times and understand the concept of LOTO (Lockout / Tagout).
- Order spare and replacement parts & materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, fractions, decimals, and basic geometry.
- Ability to troubleshoot - determine causes of operating errors and implementing a plan to fix.
- Ability to problem solve and make difficult, time-sensitive decisions under pressure
- Ability to think analytically - evaluating information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to Cooperation: Displaying a cooperative attitude.
- Dependable, reliable, responsible to fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to show initiative and willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Completion of vocation training in high school or technical degree
- 1-5 years of general mechanical, preventative maintenance, electrical and troubleshooting experience.
- Industrial manufacturing environment with loud equipment, moving mechanical parts and very hot work areas.
- Individual is regularly required to stand, walk, use steps, stoop and crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs. or more.