Location: Foley, MN
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30p
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt (hourly)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Estimating the characteristics of materials and entire projects.
- Analyze blueprints and other documents to prepare material labor and cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors and subcontractors.
- Estimate sizes, distances, resources, and quantities to perform a work activity.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and contractors to formulate estimates and solve issues.
- Confer with architects, contractors, owners, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Work with drafters, supervisor, manager and other departments to formulate accurate bids.
- Communicate with customers, public, government, and other external sources in person, writing, and telephone.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting methods and procedures.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documents at regular intervals for the duration of a project.
- Abide by DCD estimating SOP’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to summarize and communicate orally in person or over the telephone and in written form over email.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Can apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, cost, and other techniques to maximize production.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of woodwork.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team oriented and the ability to operate with a diverse group of people.
- High School Diploma
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary
- Overtime as required.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
- Capable of carrying, moving, and lifting up to 20 pounds when needed.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
- Capable of manipulating, grasping, and maneuvering tools and other materials.
- Occasional exposure to contaminants such as dust or other odors.
- May be required to occasionally be around hazardous equipment.
- Periodic exposure to loud noises and sounds.
- Regular office environment.