You will gather parts each morning for jobs, then go to customers' homes and diagnose and repair them.
Job Title: Appliance Repair Technician
n Those with less than 1 year appliance repair experience will be required to complete and pass our training program which typically takes 3-4 months.
Location: Meeting at main location (Ankeny), and travel to each job location. Company vehicle provided.
Appliance Repair Technician Salary/Rate: $50,000-$75,000/year
Terms: $18-$20/hour plus commission (no commission during training – typically takes 3-4 months)
!!Monday Through Friday, Major Holidays Off & Paid!!
(holidays are determined by the company and are paid off after 90 days of employment.)
Requirements: High school diploma/GED, no college required.
About Us: We are a growing company looking to hire Appliance Repair Technicians. As a company, we care about our technicians and strive to provide a great work environment for everyone. We want someone that cares about our vision and desires to continue growing their career. Your direct report will be the Director of Operations.
What We Offer: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, NO WEEKENDS REQUIRED, Tools Provided, Company Vehicle (Most Travel is Local), Phone, iPad, and Paid Trainings / Certifications.
********* Ask us about health insurance *********
About the Role: The day starts at 9am. You would report to our main location or local supplier to collect parts for the repairs throughout the day. From there, you will be traveling to up to 6 appointments per day, diagnosing and/or repairing appliance(s) and moving to the next one. After you’ve completed all scheduled jobs, you can go home. Most techs will finish their day somewhere between 4-6pm. These finish times are approximate, some days will be sooner, and others will be later. You must complete all scheduled appointments.
· Travel to scheduled appointments.
· Service and repair household appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, microwaves, trash compactors, range hoods, and more.
· Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed.
· Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions.
· Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to diagnose and repair problems.
· Replace worn and defective parts.
· Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments, cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
· Positive, upbeat, outgoing attitude
· Great customer service and communication skills
· Mechanical ability and strong diagnostic skills
· Need to be self-motivated in this fast-paced environment
· Willingness to self-study and learn independently
· Ability to learn from mistakes, and build your knowledge base
· Must have a good driving record and valid Driver’s License
· Ability to follow procedures and policies correctly
· Must be able to routinely lift 15-30 lbs. as well as home appliances for service in customers' homes
· Comfortable dealing with customers in a residential setting, and addressing concerns as they arise
· Available to work our schedule, which is Monday through Friday, completing all assigned daily jobs.
· Qualified candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
· Must complete and pass assigned certification programs.
Potential Career Path (this can change at any time):
Apprentice -> Repair Technician -> Sealed System Technician -> Senior Team Lead -> Other Senior Roles in the Company
$50,000 - $75,000 per year