SUMMARY Intergalactic is a team of engineers, technologists, designers, mathematicians, and problem solvers committed to a singular idea: reviving the no-boundaries mentality in aerospace. We are a team of the nation’s best, regardless of where we live.
Expected Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
· Provide Supplier Quality leadership, technical expertise, and project management of performance improvement initiatives with Suppliers
· Work with suppliers to develop and establish inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, and technical quality plans.
· Identify quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
· Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
· Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects.
· Ability to routinely apply project management skills and to effectively use project scheduling computer software programs.
· Knowledge of modern inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
· Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to field.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, specifications, technical journals, policies and recommend changes to procedures.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Expected Hours of Work
9-80 schedule. Flexible work schedule during the week with core hours being 9 am – 3 pm.
The Supplier Quality Engineer position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
This role requires sitting, walking, or standing for several hours at a time. This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, open cabinets, bend, or stand on a stool as needed.
This job operates in an indoor office environment, as well as a moderately noisy shop environment, and routinely interacts with other crew members and customers. This role routinely uses both paper and electronic record keeping systems and communication equipment.
Required Experience and Education
o Must be 18 years of age or older.
o Must pass background check and drug screen upon offer of employment.
Eligibility to work in the United States is required, as is compliance with U.S. export control regulations.
Intergalactic provides equal employment opportunities to all crew members and applicants for employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Intergalactic will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic.