Who We Are
The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC), founded in 1991, is an international climate organization with a mission to create equitable, climate change solutions around the world. We do this by forming collaborative, people-focused partnerships that support communities disproportionately impacted by the global climate crisis. For more than 30 years, ISC has utilized a unique, bottom-up approach to ensure solutions emerge from within communities, rather than being imposed from the outside. Our projects focus on disinvested communities throughout the world, with specific attention paid to the impact systemic racism and gender inequity has had in communities, workforces, and industrial sectors as they move toward a just transition.
Through a deep understanding of and commitment to communities that are the least likely to cause global climate change yet face the highest impacts, ISC develops creative and inclusive solutions, demonstrated in our work in the US and across Asia in China, India, the Mekong, and Bangladesh. We seek resiliency for our partners and the communities in which they lead. We actively partner with frontline organizations, subnational governments, and the private sector to co-create programs that support disinvested communities, women, and people experiencing poverty who comprise the global majority. ISC remains cognizant of communities' varying needs, and we tailor our approach to support those needs. We believe equity and inclusion are fundamental to building healthy, prosperous, and peaceful communities and are committed to furthering equitable climate action. Learn more at sustain.org.
The Grants Administrator is responsible for coordinating the development, administrative management, reporting and closeout/extension of grants, sub-grants, and other programmatic investments made by ISC. They will act as the central liaison for all grant-related tasks and assignments between the grant writers, Development Team, Program Team, and Finance & Operations. They will ensure that the organization’s grant-management and related processes, documents, procedures and implementation are executed professionally, efficiently, on schedule, and in a manner consistent with best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides administration for the grants process throughout all stages including application, grant approval, maintenance, budgeting, compliance, extensions, and close-out.
- Receives, assesses, and tracks payment/check requests, documenting all inquiries and/or proposals; assuring that submitted documentation meets all organizational and legal requirements; and maintains accurate and timely records of organizational grant-making and other programmatic activities.
- Provides technical assistance to subgrantees with online application and reporting processes.
- Maintains electronic and physical grant files ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data as well as the documentation of donor/grantee relationship history.
- Oversees standard terms and conditions for grant award letters and agreements.
- Assists with required research pertinent to grant due diligence, ongoing review, and close-out analyses.
- Works with the Development and Program teams to coordinate and maintain grant cycle calendar and site visit schedules; assists with the preparation of grant-related materials for donor reports and Board meetings.
- Supports the organization’s finance and communication functions; generates requested information, data and reports from information maintained in the grants management database or other sources of information.
- Coordinates subgranting processes including but not limited to payments, preparing subawards, reviewing budgets and financial reports, and compliance review.
- Other duties as assigned, aligned with ISC’s strategic objectives.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 -5 years of grant administration experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices
- Knowledge and experience with USG and fiscal compliance is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high work standards
- Experience in government and bi-lateral funding required; experience with foundations, nonprofits, or the private sector, highly desirable
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
Work, Location, and Travel
- Work: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and video platforms
- Location: Remote, United States, preference for East Coast
- Travel: Up to 10% of travel required
What We Offer
Salary: $64,624 - $77,549
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Medical Insurance with company-funded HRA
- Dental; Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending account for medical, dependent care, parking and transit
- 403(b) with automatic 2% ISC contribution and up to 4% matching contribution
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long –Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Appreciation of work-life balance
- Casual and flexible work environment
ISC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.