Performs various clerical and routine accounting tasks in support of the Accounting & Logistics Manager, to include posting entries, verifying and reconciling input to financial reporting system output, and/or assisting in preparation of billings and other financial reports. Responds to inquiries and contacts other departments and/or vendors to resolve a variety of problems. Assists in performance of various clerical duties.
This is a fully remote, part-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches processing problems, contacts departments and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to inquiries by telephone or email; refers complex problems for solution.
- Assists the Accounting & Logistics Manager with various administrative and reporting duties as needed.
- Reconciling and reviewing logistics system to transportation/logistics documents
- Preparing and reviewing a carrier accounts payable aging report
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma; at least 12 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Account balancing skills.
- Ability to use an automated accounting system.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices.
- Ability to compare and reconcile data from various systems for accuracy
- Moderate excel experience
- Position requires: a) Preparing routine administrative paperwork to include purchasing, accounts payable & accounts receivable and b) Updating routine existing financial records and reports using basic data entry and word processing on an automated accounting system or spreadsheet.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is performed remotely