As the Vice President, Finance you will oversee the company's financial operations and guide its strategic growth. Your role will involve managing all financial planning and corporate development activities. You will be responsible for driving the financial performance of the company, ensuring its financial security, and working with the senior leadership team to drive results across the organization.
Who You Are:
You are a seasoned financial leader with a proven ability to drive growth and operational excellence through strategic financial planning. With exceptional analytical skills, you adeptly interpret complex financial data and convert it into actionable business strategies. Your strong leadership skills and strategic mindset drive your team towards achieving corporate objectives while balancing the organization’s complex financial structures. Ultimately, you are driven by the excitement of navigating the unique financial challenges of our rapidly growing company.
- Financial Strategy: Design and implement the company's financial strategy to support sustained growth. Balance financial stability with the need for continued investment in new projects and technologies.
- Financial Planning: Develop and oversee the financial planning process, including budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting: Manage the process for financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting. Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Financial Controls: Ensure the development of efficient financial and operational systems and controls.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage financial risks, ensuring adequate insurances are in place, and maintain relationships with auditors and lawyers.
- Investor Relations: Act as a point of contact for investors, delivering financial presentations, and leading the negotiation of financing efforts.
- Compliance: Monitor compliance with laws and regulations and ensure the company's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Leadership: Lead and manage the finance team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, growth, and mutual respect.
- Executive Team Collaboration: Work closely with the executive team to help make informed strategic decisions based on financial analysis and projections.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field. Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s in Finance) or certification (CPA, CFA) preferred.
- 7+ years of senior financial managerial experience. Experience at high-growth tech startups, management consulting, private equity, and/or investment banking are plus.
- Exceptional financial modeling and data analytics skills. High proficiency in Excel required. Working knowledge of SQL and Python are a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management, and forecasting methods.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Primarily located in an office environment and be exposed to lighting, temperature, and noise level conditions typical of that environment
- Potential local travel to meet with vendors and clients
Some of our Benefits:
- Generous PTO and company holiday policy + company paid Short Term Disability
- 100% employer covered health and dental insurance for our direct employees (a set plan is covered, with higher tier healthcare coverage available at employee’s additional cost; dependent coverage is at employee’s cost); vision plan available at employee’s additional cost
- Child Care Benefits and generous parental leave
- Dog-friendly workspace in a secure building with great views of downtown Austin
- Daily lunches and snacks
inKind is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation, please contact the inKind People Team at [email protected].
inKind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to inKind's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected category have no bearing on our hiring decisions.