- Pull equipment for the event, inspect for quality, and return gear to the proper location in the warehouse when returned.
- Charge battery-operated lighting and accessories for rentals and events.
- Steam and light cleaning of draping inventory for rental preparation.
- Ability to operate a sewing machine and serger is a bonus.
- Ability to perform hand sewing tasks such as repairs and label installation preferred.
- Create and assemble custom decor items such as faux floral installations.
- Must understand and navigate event paperwork, including rental management software, floor plans, napkin drawings, and renderings.
- Work efficiently and carefully to minimize damage and breakage to inventory.
- Will work with the design team and leadership to execute their vision as well as our valued clients.
- Load/unload transportation of all related event equipment.
- Capable of tracking work hours to input into our time tracking software.
- Follow all safety guidelines according to company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- One year of production/event experience is preferred.
- One year of experience in a production/event shop setting.
- Knowledge of basic electricity.
- Ability to understand, read, and speak English.
- Ability to interpret packing lists.
- Familiarity with proper packing methods.
- Ability to handle glass and fragile items safely.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate successfully with the design and leadership team.
- Ability to multitask and deal with competing demands.
- Ability to take direction.
- Knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment may include a hammer, screwdriver, hand drill, tape measure, dollies, and ladders.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Able to work in moderate to loud environments.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and flex for an extended period.
- Ability to tolerate long work shifts and work flexible schedules to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Schedule + Compensation
The Warehouse Assistant position is a flexible schedule position with variable hours weekly with compensation starting at $16 per hour. Benefits include health reimbursement arrangements, paid time off, six (6) paid holidays, and flexible scheduling.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ILLUME Lighting + Event Design is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly supports all interested applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.