- Must understand and navigate event paperwork, including rental management software, floor plans, napkin drawings, and renderings.
- Work efficiently and carefully to minimize damage and breakage to inventory.
- Will work with the design team and leadership to execute their vision as well as our valued clients.
- Load/unload transportation of all related event equipment.
- Setup and tear down lighting, draping, and decor for assigned events.
- Act as event staff or technician for events as appointed.
- Sweep and remove debris from event venues to ensure the venue is left clean and without damage.
- Capable of tracking work hours to input into our time tracking software
- Follow all safety guidelines according to company policies and procedures.
- Deliver event equipment safely to venues in personal or company transportation.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- One year of production/event experience is preferred.
- One year of experience in a production/event shop setting.
- Knowledge of basic electricity.
- Ability to understand, read, and speak English.
- Ability to interpret packing lists.
- Ability to handle glass and fragile items safely.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate successfully with the design and leadership team.
- Ability to multitask and deal with competing demands.
- Ability to take direction.
- Customer service orientation; able to maintain a professional demeanor with clients.
- Knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment may include a hammer, screwdriver, hand drill, tape measure, dollies, lifts, and ladders.
- Able to work at heights up to 40′ from ladders, scaffolding, and mechanical lifts.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Able to work in moderate to loud environments.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and flex for an extended period.
- Ability to tolerate long work shifts and work flexible schedules to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel locally and outside the city and state.
Schedule + Compensation
The Event Installer position is a flexible schedule position with variable hours weekly with compensation starting at $18 per hour. Benefits include health reimbursement arrangement, paid time off, six (6) paid holidays, and flexible scheduling.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ILLUME Lighting + Event Design is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly supports all interested applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.