The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all building systems and facilities. This includes performing routine inspections, preventive maintenance tasks, and repairs to a wide range of equipment, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry systems. The Building Maintenance Technician also plays an important role in ensuring the safety and security of the building and its occupants.
· Conduct routine inspections of all building systems and facilities to identify potential problems and ensure proper operation.
· Perform preventive maintenance tasks, such as cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting equipment, to extend the life of assets and reduce the likelihood of breakdowns.
· Possess a strong understanding and experience in maintaining HVAC and plumbing systems.
· Repair and replace equipment as needed, utilizing a variety of hand and power tools.
· Respond promptly and efficiently to emergency maintenance requests.
· Perform maintenance and testing of safety systems, including emergency generators, emergency lighting, elevators, fire alarm systems, and sprinkler pumps.
· Maintain and repair building apparatus, such as doors and windows.
· Re-key locks and cut keys as necessary.
· Prepare vacant spaces for re-occupancy by repairing or replacing items.
· Be available to respond to emergency calls during and after normal business hours.
· Ensure a clean and safe work environment.
· Order and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
· Keep accurate records of all maintenance work performed.
· Maintain and update technical manuals, equipment specifications, and documentation related to building systems and maintenance procedures.
· Collaborate with other staff members to complete projects and tasks.
· Maintain effective communication with building occupants or tenants to address their maintenance needs and ensure tenant satisfaction.
· Ensure that all maintenance activities adhere to local, state, and federal regulations, including building and safety codes.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Five or more years of experience in building maintenance or a related field.
· Strong knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry systems.
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair a wide range of equipment.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
$22 - $25 per hour