Manage 30A's Newest Hot Spot
Activities & Responsibilities
Great Food. Better Beer. Proper People.
Opening Late August at 30 Avenue
Reports to: General Manager
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of No Reservations Restaurant Group
· Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
· Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
· Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
· Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
· Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
· Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
· Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.
· Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
· Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
· Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages.
· Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
· Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
· Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
· Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements
· Forecast staff, equipment, and supply requirements, based on a master menu.
· Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
· Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
· Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
· Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
· Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
· Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel.
· Perform personnel actions, such as hiring and terminating staff, providing employee orientation and training, and conducting supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules or organizing employee time sheets
· Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
· Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
· Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
· Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
· Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
· Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related tasks
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Greet and seat guests, and present menus and wine lists.
· Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
· Present bills and accept payments.
· Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related details.
· Develop restaurant objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
Tools & Technology
· Cash registers, Point-of-sale terminals, POS software, and workstations.
· Personal computers, tablets, smart phones and/or handheld devices.
· Software: Accounting, analytical or scientific software, calendar and scheduling, communications server, data base user interface and query, desktop publishing, electronic mail, financial analysis, graphics or photo imaging, inventory management, office suite, point-of-sale, presentation, spreadsheet software, time accounting, word processing, and web applications.
$50,000 - $60,000 per year