Inventory Manager, Staff Lead (Outer Sunset, San Francisco)
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage inventory levels by monitoring stock levels and tracking product usage.
- Work closely with Buyer and store management team to ensure timely receipt of stock, and receive, check-in, store, and merchandise products.
- Generate reports on inventory levels, stock movement, and product discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws, regulations, and company policies regarding inventory management and control.
- Maintain a clean and organized inventory room in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Perform regular audits of inventory records to verify accuracy.
- Manage vendor relationships and maintain current and accurate vendor records.
- Maintaining effective controls on inventory to ensure first in, first out, and effective merchandising of products on the sales floor to preserve maximum quality and freshness.
- Perform data analysis and forecasting to predict future inventory needs.
- Coordinate with store management and staff to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including customers and vendors.
- Ensure that team members adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Manage and supervise employees in the absence of a manager, providing guidance, feedback, and support as needed.
- Drive the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store management team and staff to develop and implement plans that meet objectives.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates responsibilities to team members to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company.
- Reviews store environments and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead with integrity, honesty, and empathy.
Skills and Experience:
- Inventory management and/or retail sales experience (3+ years), preferably within cannabis industry.
- Understanding of local laws and regulations as they pertain to inventory control and management.
- In-depth knowledge of the cannabis industry including different strains, products, methods of consumption, and the medicinal benefits of cannabis. Familiarity with inventory management methods, software, and CRM tools.
- High proficiency in communication and organization; ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage teams effectively and build relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience with cannabis retail POS systems; proficiency with Dutchie is a plus.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Workspace.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service oriented environment.
- Performs all job functions with high attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and cohesively as a team member with co-workers.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of business processes and system development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a team of employees.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
What We Offer:
- Excellent pay and benefits package.
- Growth and fast advancement opportunities with a young company.
- Positive company culture that rewards contributions to the greater goals.
- Highly collaborative start-up environment.
- Immediate career advancement opportunities upon opening of additional HYRBA locations in San Francisco and beyond.
- Potential Equity opportunities available as company grows.
Requirements and Details:
- Work location: San Francisco (Outer Sunset).
- Must be 21 years of age or over. • Travel: Occasional travel.
- Schedule: This is a highly accountable, goal-oriented position and the schedule is determined by what is required to meet objectives.
- Must be able to lift and move boxes and materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, stand, or sit for 8 or more hours.
Job Type: Full-time, hourly.
Pay: $26.00 per hour.
- Health insurance.
- Employee discount.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Paid Time Off.
For more information, and to apply, please contact:
HYRBA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. HYRBA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.