- Lead and build a geographically distributed team of engineers and technical managers, while providing coaching, mentorship and guidance for their development and growth.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the engineering strategy and priorities to achieve business objectives.
- Act as a liaison between the VLSI engineering team and other departments, such as systems engineering, product marketing, business development, and manufacturing.
- Manage a product and technology development roadmap working with internal and external partners and customers.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment that promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement while balancing execution and delivery.
- Establish and maintain engineering best practices and quality assurance processes to ensure consistent and high-quality engineering development.
- Provide technical leadership and facilitate cross-domain technical issue resolution to keep projects on schedule, at spec, and ensure high quality first silicon.
- Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution
- Provide guidance on industry best practices in analog mixed-signal VLSI design while staying up to date on emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Communicate effectively with leadership and engineering teams - both internal and external - to ensure alignment and streamlined execution towards project goals.
- Maintain and optimize budgets to meet goals.
- Recruit and develop top engineering talent.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or a related field.
- 10+ years of VLSI engineering leadership experience.
- Experience in analog mixed-signal circuit design.
- Understanding of the human visual perception model.
- Strong attention to detail, with decision making and organizational skills.
- Superb communication skills - both on the page and verbally.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in a challenging and engaging environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- Track record of executing plans, managing budgets, and achieving results.
- Experience in partnerships and collaborations within the tech industry.
- Experience in taking the project from concept to mass production.
- Comfortable working remotely with a geographically and culturally diverse team.
As a globally distributed company since its inception, HYPHY fully leverages remote collaboration, and HYPHY allows for a work-from-home model. The successful candidate will lead a globally diverse engineering team and have the opportunity to build the team from their current location.
Your salary will be competitive based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions.
You will also be eligible for a meaningful stock option grant and benefits.