Line Cooks are expected to cook all menu items to the standard of the establishment and maintain a clean, positive work environment that is organized and communicative
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate culinary professionals to come join our team!
Ideal candidates are team players who display strong work ethic, are detail oriented, and seek to improve daily. Flexible schedules are preferred as well as the ability to work weekends and holidays.
Hotel Lucine is here to usher in a new generation of hospitality in Galveston. Our establishment offers a distinctly unique, people-centric experience that allows us to create an environment unlike anywhere else on the Gulf Coast. This property is more than a hotel, it’s a place to foster community for residents and guests of the island who embrace Galveston’s gracious and peculiar soul.
What We Offer:
- A healthy and professional restaurant environment, with a strong emphasis on mentorship and
- Competitive wages with opportunities for growth.
- A chance to learn and hone your skills in areas such as recipe development, butchery, and pastry.
- Employer sponsored health insurance plans for all full-time employees and their dependents.
- Daily family meal; available to all staff before every service.
- On property discounts.
- Paid vacation.
Our Expectations & Requirements
- Have at least 1+ years of general kitchen experience in a full-service restaurant.
- Thorough understanding of daily kitchen operations including food production, food safety, and line service. Must be able to work in cohesion with other kitchen staff to ensure a successful service.
- Possess competent knife skills; prepare and plate all dishes according to the restaurant’s standards.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be comfortable standing for extended periods of time. May be required to continuously bend, reach, and twist during a shift.
- Ability to be consistently punctual and ready to work at your scheduled in-time.
- Be able to follow recipes, work clean, and effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Effectively manage the consistency of one’s own station pars as well as its quality. Be open to constructive criticism and possess an ownership-driven mentality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse work environment. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work an employee can expect within this job classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
To learn more about our establishment and apply please visit [email protected]
$15 - $18 per hour