F&B Manager on property working to meet all beverage needs for the hotel, inclusive or bar operations and service goals for the Hotel.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate beverage professional to come join our team!
Hotel Lucine is here to usher in a new generation of hospitality in Galveston. Our establishment offers a distinctly unique, people-centric experience that allows us to create an environment unlike anywhere else on the Gulf Coast. This property is more than a hotel, it’s a place to foster community for residents and guests of the island who embrace Galveston’s gracious and peculiar soul.
What We Offer:
- A healthy and professional restaurant and bar environment, with a strong emphasis on mentorship and
- Competitive wages with opportunities for growth.
- A chance to learn and hone your skills in areas such as management and cocktail program development.
- Employer sponsored health insurance plans for all full-time employees and their dependents.
- Daily family meal; available to all staff before every service.
- On property discounts.
- Paid vacation.
Our Expectations & Requirements
- Have at least 3 years of general bartending experience and 2 years of bar management experience, managing in establishments of similar caliber and volume.
- Ability to be consistently punctual and ready to work at your scheduled in-time.
- Must possess a valid TABC and Texas Food Handlers certificate.
- Responsible for beverage inventory management, cost controls, and menu pricing.
- Maintain cocktail creation at a level consistent with a nationally recognized bar program.
- Hire, train, schedule, monitor tip pool, and otherwise manage beverage staff among the property’s three bars.
-Demonstrates extensive knowledge in wine selection and ensures the wine list is in keeping with the menu and recent trends.
-Creates a memorable “experience” for all guests by ensuring exceptional service, showmanship and professionalism.
-Works with Managers to consistently meet revenue and profitability goals for beverage programs.
-Able to organize wine cellar and storage area for spirits.
-Conducts all beverage related training programs (wine service, spirits service, up selling, etc.)
-Develops wine program across the brand.
-Participates in the purchasing of wines, spirits and glassware, etc.
-Assists all outlets with wine service as needed.
-Maintains inventory of wines on property. Ensures accountability for all product at each outlet.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be comfortable standing for extended periods of time. May be required to continuously bend, reach, and twist during a shift.
-Responsible for negotiating contracts with beverage vendors, ensuring that vendors are delivering goods and services as agreed, and managing relationships with vendors to ensure that the hotel is getting the best possible pricing and service.
- Help to instill company culture, build morale, and create an inclusive and ongoing positive work environment, using established procedures as well as newly developed initiatives.
- Work with the Food & Beverage Director to create, train, and educate staff on new menu items and changes in procedures for current menu items. Hold staff accountable for implanting said changes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse work environment. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work an employee can expect within this job classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
To learn more about our establishment and apply please visit [email protected]
$65,000 - $75,000 per year