Works under the direction of the Retail Management team in carrying out all retail operations in the store, including, but not limited to, creating a Christ-centered environment, register operations, customer service, store appearance and displays, and employee interactions.
Essential Functions of the Job
1. Assist the Retail Management team in the building of the team, by being an example of “revealing Christ” to
all staff, donors, and customers.
2. Provide a friendly and joyful welcoming to all customers when they enter the store and throughout their
3. Assist the Retail Management team in register transactions including handling of cash and credit card
payments and any non-cash purchases, in order to ensure the accuracy and security of all transactions.
4. Work with the Retail Management team to establish and maintain customer service standards in order to
ensure compliance with the company mission statement and to provide a pleasant shopping experience for
5. Work with store staff in maintaining the physical appearance of the store on every shift, including, but not
limited to: communicating and restocking of janitorial and restroom supplies, removing safety hazards,
picking up store merchandise and restoring to proper place, cleaning parking lot, sidewalks, windows and
doors, store floors, break room(s), restrooms and other public areas, to ensure the safety and health of
customers and employees.
6. Maintain and clean out fitting rooms on a regular basis.
7. Assist store staff, in stocking store shelves and clothing racks, in order to provide customers with maximum
8. Under the direction of the Retail Management team, assist store staff, as needed, to set up or change store
displays in order to provide a pleasant shopping environment and to entice customers to shop new areas or
items within the store.
9. Communicate, daily, all events related to customer service issues or problems, register mistakes, employee
issues or accidents, and general store operations to the manager, in order to ensure all issues are handled
properly and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
10. Attend as required, or requested, all training events provided by the company and all store meetings as
scheduled by the manager in order to keep current on any policy changes, new procedures, and other
information essential to performing the job.
Hope Ministries Team Members at all levels believe the following:
1. We believe in the Holy Trinity- God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God the Father sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us as the ultimate sacrifice
3. We believe in Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins.
4. We believe that the Bible is God’s true Word.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Must be a people person with a pleasant and willing attitude and have a servant’s heart.
2. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with an excellent command of the English language.
3. Ability to write in legible, clear handwriting.
4. Must have a commitment to Hope Ministries’ mission and mission statement.
5. Must be detail-oriented and have solid organizational skills.
6. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
7. Must be a problem solver, be able to work with a minimum of supervision and take initiative.
8. Excellent time management skills.
9. Must become proficient in production so as to meet established goals within the first 90 days.
10. Computer skills to include general typing skills and web browsing capabilities.
11. Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions and goals provided in written or oral form.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or GED, preferred.
Essential Physical Requirements
Stand – up to 100% of a standard work day.
Walk – up to 75% of a standard work day.
Sit – less than 50% of a standard work day.
Use hands to perform required duties – up to 100% of a standard work day.
Lifting and Bending – up to 75% of a standard work day.
Talk or hear – As needed throughout a standard work day.
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed
on a given point).
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
Ability to adjust focus (adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Moderate to heavy physical activity. Depending on location, this position may require frequent strenuous activity.
Ability to lift at least 50 pounds is essential for job performance. Use hands to lift, sort, clean, organize throughout a
standard work day. Depending on location, this position may work in a warehouse setting with outdoor exposure
throughout the workday.
Work Schedule and Required Hours
Part time to full time, Monday through Saturday, up to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Attendance at specific meetings, off-site events or training, as required.
$11 - $12 per hour