Under general direction, the Dispatch/Administrative Assistant manages dispatch, scheduling, customer service, manages social media accounts, compiles Board Meeting minutes, and other administrative duties. Supports operations and coordinates assigned duties with management staff.
Reports to: Office Manager
Representative Duties: The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Schedules Dial-A-Rides and deviated trips per district policy. Evaluates schedule to ensure trips are scheduled efficiently and accurately.
- Monitors drivers in real time and by radio. Proactively solve problems before they impact service (i.e., delayed routes, traffic, driver accountability, etc.).
- Provide direction and assistance to drivers to resolve service problems and return rides. Communicate changes in daily vehicle routes to drivers, including passenger additions, cancellations, deletions and record any changes made.
- Utilize the radio communication system in accordance with the Federal Communication Commission’s rules and district radio protocols.
- Respond to emergency conditions relayed by the driver, resolve, or refer to management staff or outside emergency services as appropriate.
- Assist with the creation of routes when routes change using dispatch technology.
- Reviews rider issues weekly and addresses them appropriately with management staff. Work with management staff to integrate new processes to reduce reoccurring issues.
- Ensure ridership is accurate and appropriate reporting is completed.
- Communicates with software company to improve dispatching program.
- Drive Dial-A-Rides when needed.
Administrative & Outreach
- Provide high quality customer service in-person or on the phone to all riders, and others inquiring about services or staff. Provides bilingual customer service to Spanish speaking riders.
- Provides general administrative support by checking voicemails, performing office opening and closing duties, and responding to general questions through email.
- Updates website on an as needed basis. Periodically review to make sure information is correct and consistent.
- Processes ridership fare revenue.
- Provides board and other committee support including but not limited to completing minutes, sending meeting materials, etc.
- Conducts inventory of office and cleaning supplies on a weekly basis.
- Manages bicycle lockers.
- Conducts outreach at community events. Must be able to attend occasional weekend events.
- Promotion of district programs (i.e., Gorge Transit Connect, Downtown Employee Pass Program, Student Free Fare Program etc.).
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with management to create monthly newsletter, blogs, etc.
- Create daily content for district social media platforms.
- Work with management staff and consultants to update brochures and other special marketing projects.
- Assist with any ads and tracking of costs.
- High school education or equivalent with one-year similar experience or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the ability to read and comprehend written material and basic mathematical calculations.
- One year or more experience with clerical work, website management, customer service and/or transportation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer equipped with Microsoft Windows operating systems is required. Experience with WordPress, Google Maps, social media sites and transportation dispatch software is not required, but highly desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.