The Historic Taos Inn in Taos, NM is looking for a housekeeper, full time or part time, to join our team.
The Historic Taos Inn in Taos, NM is looking for a housekeeper, full time or part time, to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, and engaged, and able to work weekends.
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in both guestrooms and public areas. This role will play a critical hand in executing the comfortable and enjoyable guest experience.
· Daily tasks will include stripping and making beds, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning all surfaces, replenishing terry and amenities and assisting with laundry needs.
· Thoroughly clean guestrooms in both check-out and stayover environments
· Ensure all public spaces are consistently clean and in guest-ready condition
· Follow all established department cleaning standards and safety procedures
· Properly communicate maintenance repair needs and safety hazards to management
· Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
· Perform other duties as assigned and requested to meet the needs of the business
· Knowledge of proper cleaning practices and procedures
· Enjoys a fast-paced environment
· Strong desire to complete tasks in a satisfactory manner
Requirements & Experience
· No prior experience in housekeeping required
· Effective time management skills in order to ensure completion of all assigned tasks
· Flexible in schedule and willing to meet the demands of a complex operation
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen effectively
· Ability to regularly lift, pull, and push moderate weight
· Attention to detail to detect room cleanliness and discrepancies
Compensation & Benefits
· Paid time off
· Holiday pay
$15 - $17 per hour