Business Development Rep
Reports to: Sales Manager
Business Development Rep Attributes and Characteristics
- Knowledge of the product stack that is available to the client
- Able to select vendors and supplier to get the best prices on the best products for the product stack
- Ability to effectively communicate with business owners in a meaningful way
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of each client’s business situation, business needs and IT environment, translating those needs into service and product requirements
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading client strategies
- Identify and action renewals of product and software.
- Collaborate with the appropriate HiTech departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports client needs
- Identify trends and develop strategies to support these trends
- Create opportunities, when appropriate and follow-up activities.
- Conducts daily sales for clients when received directly from the client
- Prospecting and closing new clients in assigned territory and verticals
- Use different sales techniques to get past gatekeepers, resulting in meetings with decision makers
- Be able to qualify new prospects through your own sales activities
- Bring leads through referrals
- Build a center of influence to generate ongoing leads
- Follow up on marketing-qualified leads (MQL)
- Attend business and community events to build relations and generate leads
Sales Activities to meet Quotas (not in order of priority)
- Adhere to HiTech sales process • Manage all activities through ConnectWise
- Work with vCIOs and scoping engineers to get accurate prospect discoveries
- Prepare and deliver solution presentation to prospective clients
- Negotiate and close proposals to meet monthly quota objectives
- Maintain proper margin on products ordered
- Ensure orders are completed in a timely and accurate manner 100% of the time.
- Secure and submit client orders to procurement, taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment.
- Conduct a smooth handoff to Account Managers in the assigned territory
- Some overnight travel is expected
- Other factors deemed relevant and appropriate to job requirements will be considered
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, honest, responsive, and reliable
- Strive to keep up on current and future technologies on a broad level
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies • Solid experience using ConnectWise or similar CRM/PSA
- Utilize the proposal tool to initiate proposals to clients
- Track all account activity in ConnectWise
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals and overall company objectives
- Skill in preparing written communications and clear verbal skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Expert in follow-up and objection-handling skills
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
- Some experience in relevant technical skills and knowledge (IT Education, IT Support, IT Systems Administration) will be beneficial.
- Minimum of three years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pay: Salary + commission* based on P&L and client run rate
*Opportunity to increase earnings with uncapped earnings
- Opportunity for advancement
- This is not a remote position
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
- Continuing education
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Vehicle
- Retirement plan
Established in 1997, HiTech has grown from a PC repair and sales service to a comprehensive IT solutions provider. The company's evolution reflects its commitment to exceptional customer service and its adaptation to the changing needs of its clients in an increasingly digital world.
HiTech offers a wide range of services, including network design and implementation, remote monitoring and support, and Managed Services. These Managed Services encompass Cyber Security, Regulatory Compliance, IT Project Management, Remote Monitoring, Network Engineering, Backups & Recovery, Hardware as a Service, Cloud Solutions, and Analytics & Visualization. Each service is designed to help businesses manage their complex IT systems and infrastructure without requiring a full-time team of specialists.
At HiTech, customer satisfaction is considered the pinnacle of success. This is reflected in their diligent planning and careful IT project management, aimed at maximizing end-user adoption while minimizing business disruption. Furthermore, HiTech's robust data and network security mechanisms provide peace of mind to clients, knowing their systems are secure.
Beyond serving its clients, HiTech is committed to providing service and security to the broader community. From its inception to its current position as a leading IT solutions provider, HiTech's efforts are aimed at improving the quality of life for its clients by alleviating their IT concerns.