You are experienced in software development for scientific data and scientific equipment, and developing algorithms, software, and interfaces. You are conscientious and pay almost obsessive attention to detail, as organized documentation is second nature. You are curious, love learning, and are eager to take on hard problems. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible. You are resourceful and like to work independently but are not shy to ask for advice. You are a cross-disciplinary team member, who is excited to work with and learn from other engineers, biologists, chemists, modelers, and experimentalists. You are comfortable communicating across teams. You deliver. You know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
What You’ll Do:
- Take responsibility for proprietary Hesperos’ software development for biological interfaces, from real-time high content small signal instrumentation and custom image/video systems.
- Identify, support, and/or lead the implementation of engineering-based improvements or upgrades to the equipment or facility systems.
- Apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to develop data analysis or image processing algorithms for multiple drug discovery efforts.
- Work closely with experimentalists in the laboratory to establish needs and develop new techniques.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Keep detailed and organized records of software development, experimental protocols, and results.
- Present findings and data analysis to upper-level staff.
- Provide troubleshooting, including leading and/or supporting technical root cause analysis to reduce production downtime.
- Support new product/technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing equipment modifications, and supporting engineering evaluations.
- Ensure systems are installed and operating safety and comply with pertinent environmental health/safety practices, rules, and regulations
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Monitor systems to identify performance risks and implement risk reduction strategies
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of engineering experience
- Practical knowledge of software systems and programming languages, including
- Python, C++/C#, and Java.
- Experience in data analysis/ image processing in scientific/research projects.
- Experience with 3D printing and micro-controller programming.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and propose engineering solutions in a scientific manner using data-driven techniques and analyses (e.g., Root Cause Analysis (RCA),
- Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma, Predictive Maintenance, etc.).
- Experience applying engineering principles to the design and implementation of system modifications, introduction of new processes, and execution of capital projects.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration.
- Team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on
- collaboration for effective decision-making.
- Master’s degree and 2 years of engineering experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of engineering experience.
- History of leading data analysis and software development projects.
- Company Stock Ownership
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick Leave, and Company Holidays