Part One: Core Responsibilities
The following are detailed responsibilities for the Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller at Hesperos, Inc.
- Support the accounting function, reporting to the CFO
- Perform accounting-related functions
- Participate in month-end and year-end financial close (and related reporting).
- Adhere to our internal financial control structures
- Work with existing systems and processes to recommend and implement process efficiencies.
- Manage billing, revenue recognition, and cash & banking processes
- Manage payroll and payables functions
- Support our annual financial audit, quarterly reviews, and other external audits
- Fulfill ad hoc requests and assignments
Part Two: Critical Competencies
The following are the most critical competencies required to successfully be an Accounting
Manager at Hesperos, Inc.
- Experience in Accounting and Accounting Operations
- Team Relationship Building – Being a trusted advisor to support operations
- Executive maturity– Good communication, presentation skills, and confidence in working with senior-level executives
- Problem Solving – Skills and ability to boil down issues and solve problems
- Opportunity Shaping – Ability to clearly identify a problem and to shape workable solutions
- Discernment Orientation – Ability to apply a critical eye to financial issues of the firm
- Self-Starter – Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
Part Three: Experience and Requirements
Ideal candidates will have:
- 1-3 years of experience with a focus on accounting operations and financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting a plus
- Accounting for long-term contracts experience a plus
- Experience working at an early-stage company is a plus
- Technical flexibility including experience with QBO a plus
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and local candidates are preferred.